- Gain exposure to various criminal justice careers and to have positive interaction with law enforcement professionals.
- Obtain “hands-on” experience and awareness of the criminal justice system.
- Benefit from interpersonal growth through self-discipline, teamwork, challenging experiences, and high standards of performance and personal conduct.
- Enhanced character development and improved physical and mental fitness.
- Learn responsibility to self and others through leadership opportunities.
- Community service and networking activities by assisting sponsoring agency in a supplementary law enforcement and liaison capacity.
Citrus Heights Police EXPLORER PROGRAM
The CHPD Police Explorer Program is designed to educate and involve youth in police operations, interest them in law enforcement careers, enhance community outreach efforts, and raise awareness of law enforcement’s role in society.
Our Explorers receive instruction in all phases of law enforcement including criminal law, traffic law, criminal investigation, crime prevention, crime scene investigation, traffic control, accident investigation, dispatch, records, and other related fields.
CHPD’s Police Explorer program affords participants the opportunity to engage in our Ride-Along Program and work side by side with officers and other police department personnel in both group activities, and special events. Explorers develop physical and emotional strength, sound character, solid values, and a sense of purpose.
Additionally, the program promotes personal growth through character development, respect for the rule of law, physical fitness, good citizenship and patriotism.
OFFERING THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
Many of our CHPD Police Explorers Participate in a yearly Explorer Competition.